Assign invoice number automatically to new items

As above, anyway to implement a invoice number for a new item added?
One that doesnt not require a paid for app hopefully? Already pay a fortune for Monday, adding so many apps just to do simple tasks is getting a bit annoying :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Use the Item ID column

item id

Unfortunately not sutible for my needs, or at least I havent worked out how to get it to do what im after xD

@BNBLEATHER we’ve used a formula column to calculate a unique ID based on the item id. That has given us the freedom to identify our items through numbers such as “B12345”. Would something like that solve your problem?

Tanner
tanner@elevateops.io
monday.com Consultant
Elevate Business Operations

Ideally it would be a number that would continue on from our existing invoices and count up from there, however I am thinking im only going to be able to achieve witha formular that may be abeilt random as you have suggested. I would love to give it ago to see if I can get it to match our needs at least to a small extent

Hi @BNBLEATHER - Don’t shoot the messenger…but there is an app for this that we always use for implementations. It’s a one time cost - Auto ID

Haha, no shooting required.
Trying to avoid paying for more stuff if possible, but may be only option it looks like since monday cannot handle a simple intergration like this at the moment