Auto-ID column (more dynamic)

1. We would like our own and several pre defined prefixes M- ####, P- #### for example. Pulling a prefix from a board/group-name doesnt seem that useful. What happens if you want to change that name for example after using the board for a while, and what would that prefix look like; an abreviation of the name?
  2. Yes, all of our use cases. An automation: If status is this then use this or that pre fix would be handy.
  3. I can imagine you would like to automatically create several predefined task-items connected to 1 ID so having the option cant hurt. But I dont think for our case at this moment.
  4. Both could be handy, especially when you release this feature later this year, I assume this will work with the name: Use Forms to edit/update existing items and columns - Feature requests - monday Community Forum.
  5. If you remove a (new) item you might want to skip that number with the next item, but maybe others wouldnt want that so it would be a nice as an option.

-A more friendly item ID would be nice/one that is the new Auto-ID, but on the other side, I dont know how it would work if you have multiple items with same ID…
-In one case we use the item ID which could be more user friendely.

• Depends how intuitive and if it will have the options you mentioned: increment/prefix/set number etc.
1 Like