Automated change based on total count of another board

Basically, I am wondering if it was possible to update a cell/value/status based on the total count of checks on another board.

My Case:
I have a board for every employee and their training documents. Each time they complete a document, the row gets checked off that they read the document.

On another board, I have all of the names of the employees, and on each row is a 0-4 to indicate a certain status. Depending on the count of training the person has completed, I want the board to automatically update the 0-4. In my case, if the employee has read 0-5 documents, they get a 1. If they read 6-10 documents, they get a 2. If they’ve read them all, they get a 3, and then another criteria for a 4.

Is this at all possible?

Hi @kylebrown

This is possible using the Rollup Multiple Boards app (see https://monday.com/marketplace/101). With this app you can create (or use existing) down-level boards (e.g. students) form an overview boards. In the overview board each row represents a down-level board and every change made in any of the down-level boards is aggregated to the overview board.

Sadly,

It seems my organization is not allowing apps to be downloaded… Any suggestions on how to achieve this on vanilla Monday.com?

Thanks

Hi @kylebrown

Beside using a connect_boards column and a mirror on a number specifying the count I can’t think of any other out-of-the-box solution. The issue with the mirror column (now showing the count) is that you can’t use that in other automations (if I understand your use case correctly). The other thing to keep in mind is that you need to manual select all the items in the connected boards.