Automatic Board connection to dashboard for new project boards created

• can an ability to add new project boards be added to a dashboard automatically to decrease manual work and decrease reporting being inaccurate.

We have low level boards acting as projects. Having to manually add this board to the capacity view is not ideal due to the fact adding this step can be easily overlooked or missed and this has a very large impact on the capacity board

Sorry not sure if this makes sense??

Regards

Cam McLean

Yes!! We have the same need as well. It would be great to consolidate our low level boards into a dashboard view.

3 Likes

Yes! not only add though. But also to be able to add and then keep the filters that were on the original board when using a template!

4 Likes

Is there any update on this? Is this possible?

3 Likes

Yes! Exactly the feature we need as well!
When a new Project board is created from a template board, we really need to have a way to connect it to all other dashboards and widgets, the same way as other ones.

Like an automation:

1. Choose the “When status changes to something” trigger.
  2. Select the column that indicates when a board from the same template.
  3. In the “Then” section, choose the “Connect board to dashboard” action.
  4. Select all the dashboards you want to connect the board to.
1 Like

Are we sure this option exists? “In the “Then” section, choose the “Connect board to dashboard” action.”

I’ve never seen it.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t, it would be nice to have it.

2 Likes

Following up to see if this is on the radar for any future releases?

1 Like

I definitely need this! I actually just tried doing a support chat today about it. I have a high-level board for management to see an overview of projects (low level boards) that are upcoming, ongoing, and completed.

1 Like

This is something that a lot of clients have requested. If they want to see for example the pending tasks accross different boards in a single view. The high-level boards don’t work. They will need to manually connect these different projects to a dashboard

1 Like

yes!! I would really benefit from this feature as well.
“When new board is created in folder, connect board to dashboard.”

We have a reporting dashboard for projects, and a scheduling dashboard for projects. So this would save us a ton of time and ensure we don’t miss any project boards in our process.

1 Like

This would be such a useful feature. We have too many lower level project boards to do make sure this is done reliably each time a new one is created. Any update?

2 Likes

Any update on this feature?

2 Likes