Automatic Export of boards to Spreadsheets on a Weekly Schedule

Once in a blue moon when Monday.com is down, it can seriously impact our team’s productivity. Any board can be exported to a spreadsheet right now we could use as a backup, but this must be done manually. I would like to see an automation where a spreadsheet is exported once a week as a back up for our team to access when Monday.com is not working properly.

Hi @TheJacobSiner , our team has built a backup app for monday.com which might be exactly what you’re looking for. It offers daily, automated backups of your boards, as well as version history of. your data, advanced restore capabilities and a daily sync to Google Sheets.

You can find the app listed on the app marketplace of monday.com: https://monday.com/marketplace/10000042

Hi @TheJacobSiner,

Maybe our Smart Spreadsheet app will work as a workaround for your case?

We’ve just released the auto-sync from boards feature. It means that when you import your board to Smart Spreadsheet, all the changes made to the board later are automatically pushed to the spreadsheet. From time to time you will be able to export these spreadsheets in .xlsx and .csv formats manually and share them/work with them outside of monday.

Hope this improvement will make your experience with monday.com more pleasant and smooth.

Best regards,
Katerina Kovriga

1 Like

Hi there,

Your resource suggests an initial Manual Import of the items in my board to the smart spreadsheet board view. However, I don’t see the manual import process to ensure that the board stays auto-synced. My best guess would be to export my board as an excel doc and re-import this to the Smart Spreadsheet view, but I don’t see how this would stay synced that way. Thank you for your help.

Hi @rachelviso ,

Indeed the Smart Spreadsheet has two import options in the File menu: Import Board and Import.

The Import Board option allows you to import your board to the Smart Spreadsheet (as for now, each group goes to a separate sheet). This way your monday board and the imported data stays synchronized: if you change smth on the board, the updates are automatically pushed to the Smart Spreadsheet. And, of course, you may add extra columns with formulas, conditional formatting, etc. to your sheets.

The Import option allows you not to start working with the Smart Spreadsheet from scratch but to import existing data from .csv and .xlsx files (currently we do support cell formulas). Here we don’t talk about auto-synch with the source file: you just import it once and continue all your work within the monday.com instance.

Best regards,
Katerina Kovriga

Hey community,

another year, another approach :partying_face:

In addition to the already recommended third party solutions Pro Backup and Smart Spreadsheet, I wanted to throw in Spreadsheet Gorilla as another easy way to create and run an automation, where an Excel spreadsheet is exported daily, once a week or monthly, and delivered right in your inbox.

– Markus from Gorilla Apps

As an addition to what @MASO wrote, here is a short explainer video on how this can be achieved with Spreadsheet Gorilla:

– Simon (Gorilla Apps)

I would love to see this functionality without having to purchase an additional app. Our Executive Team would like to see this.

I agree with Samantha. Is there a built-in feature in Monday to easily export a board monthly and send it by email? There should be no need to use a third party tool for this. I think this is a feature that Monday should include.
Thanks, Radenko