Automating a timeline

I’m trying to automate my timeline. I have a start date and an end date and would like to add a timeline column and populate the information. I searched for a solution and found you can create a formula to get the duration in between the days, but I would like to have the start date and end date show in a timeline without having to manually enter each row/task.

Hi @RyanSchneider - you can use General Caster for this. There is a free tier depending on your usage as well. I would setup 2 integrations (when start date changes, or when end date changes) with the following formula:

CONCATENATE({Item's Start Date}, "+", {Item's End Date})

Then cast the result to your timeline column.

Hope this helps!
Mark

That didn’t seem to work either.

I added the general caster and created the integrations, but when I go back to the board it states that there is “automate /2” integrations. I open it up and it says “board automations / 0”…… Maybe that has something to do with it?

Hi @RyanSchneider - did you copy/paste the formula? It’s best to rebuild it in the creation window as depending on the board terminology it might be different.

Yea, but I was unsuccessful.

There seems to be a lot of automations just not the ones I need.

I’ll keep trying to find the secret sauce.

@RyanSchneider Is this the integration you are using:

I’ll give that one a try as well.

Ryan Schneider | New Store Execution Manager

1800 Blankenship Rd Suite 250 | West Linn, OR 97068

M 503.319.2375
Ryan.Schneider@CHEFSTORE.COM

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or proprietary to US Foods. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply, and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

hi @RyanSchneider

Welcome to the community! The app Start + End = Timeline keeps 2 dates (startand end date) in sync with a timeline column. See https://monday.com/marketplace/18