Automations - download list of all

Hi everyone,

I have almost 60 automations across two boards. About to add several more to our other boards. I need to write the business rules for usage of our boards and other info that no one ever bothers to read or consult ( :slight_smile: ) Is there someway I can download a list of all automations either in our instance of Monday.com or by board?

Thanks

Alexis

1 Like

The one way that I have been able to do this is to use a third party screen capture tool.

Using Techsmith’s Snagit, you can capture the contents of the board automations’ scrolling window.

This will give you a screen image of that window which you could then mark up and place into some working document alongside other screen captures.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Hi @AlexisN! Great question - one way is what @snicho suggested. If you were looking to use these automations across multiple boards, you can turn your board into a template to transfer over your automation recipes (with exception of crossboard and any mapping ones). I’d be happy to pass this feedback onward to our team as we work to improve all the great things you can do with automations! Cheers!

2 Likes

thanks Steve. Much appreciated.

Having a list of automations would be really useful. I’m currently building a board where I manually add these, but if feels like I’m just creating work.

Hi @stuttters!

Can you elaborate a bit more about what you’re referring to in terms of a list of automations? Are you looking to be able to add automation recipes in bulk? Are you currently adding recipes individually, but looking to have recipes be added all at once?

We’d love to learn more here and see what we can do to help out further, so please let us know - looking forward to your response!

Sorry @ivanhong-monday.com - I missed your reply.

I’m looking to have a central list of all automations, so that I can keep track of them. Automations are great, but they feel a little like a house of cards - one change in the wrong place and the whole thing falls down.

A list of all automations mitigates this. My manual board has a reference to the source board, but also the destination board (where appropriate). It lists the person responsible for the automation. It gives more details as to why it exists.

In this way, automations stop being hidden away and become collaborative.

1 Like

Hi.
This might be an old conversation, but a list of all automations would be great. At least all automations should have a unique number, so it can easily be searched. Just like the category icons on the top left corner, a number could be placed on the top right corner. This would be very helpful for those building workflows from scratch all the time. What do you say @ivanhong-monday.com ?

Agreed! A downloadable list of automations or a way to view them in more of a code format? I have one board with almost 150 automations and they work beautifully but are a pain whenever I have to update them, and I am currently restructuring the board format and I basically have to re-create all of them…

1 Like

I agree, we need to track both active and inactive automations from all boards. Right now we can’t even copy/paste them which is supremely frustrating when you’re trying to maintain board and workspace accuracy.

In addition to the option to download all automations, it would be useful to have a filter tool that allowed for the ability to drill down into the following:

• Workspace name
  • Board name
  • Automation creator name
  • Automation ownership
  • Automation ownership transfer history (see which automations transferred, to whom (e.g. if someone leaves the company), and when)
  • Editing rights (see who has automation editing rights for each board and or workspace)
  • Automation edit history (see automation edit history, and by whom)
2 Likes

With Monday’s change to automations coming soon, it would be extremely beneficial to be able to review all automations in one spot - either the ability to export, or a spot within Monday that collates (eg an Automations Library).
I think this is essential before rolling out such a significant change to the way automations will work.
https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/8732941414034-Changes-regarding-item-creation-automations

1 Like

+1 for this important feature. It is definitely a must after the change you made in the item creation. Now the system does not show all potentially impacted automations anymore and we still have some issues that could be caused by this change.
An export list in CSV would be very helpful and probably quite easy to do.
Thanks
Franck

+1 for this feature as well.

The more time we spend in monday, the more board we create, the greater the need for this feature.

As far as I know the change for column changes not triggering on item creation was cancelled because it turned out it would break a lot of things and there was no way to work around a lot of workflows people had built. At least I got a message in my account that there wouldn’t be any changes to my account.

Unless you’re talking about something else?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I was talking about. And it’s the first time I hear it was cancelled, even though there were not a lot changes in my workflow :thinking:
Thanks Cody for the information !
Anyway, this doesn’t change anything on the fact that we need to have an easy way to review all automations on a board, and also a way to organize them …

1 Like

The notice was in the integrations/automations lists for about two days then it was gone.

1 Like