Calendar Integration: Set attendees from person column

I have a work rota set up that creates calendar events (google) for every item based on a start and an end date column. I want to have the attendees for these events to be the person(s) allocated to the item, however the integration will only let me pick from a dropdown column.

Do I have to type out everyone’s emails into the dropdown and then change both the person and dropdown column to match every time I make a change? If so, is there a way to automatically update a dropdown based on a person?

Any advice on how to achieve this welcome.

Hey Tony! Just to clarify, this particular recipe wouldn’t work for you?

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 12.13.23 pm

Hello Bianca,

Unfortunately, no. So I cannot get that automation to work on my board, however I assume it just creates an event on the user’s calendar who set up the automation not the user who is assigned. It then still has the same limitation of only allowing drop down input into the attendees. It also doesn’t allow multiple persons to be chosen, so I would need to make 26 integrations to cover all the employees, not very streamlined.

I actually want the integration to make a calendar invite for all the people assigned. I don’t want the event made in my calendar at all, just the employees assigned.

I have spoken to support and I don’t think there is a way to do this with your current automations, so I have just built the rota directly into google calendar.

Thank you