Can anyone tell me how to format time recorded in the time tracking column (eg 2h 55m) as a numer?

Hi all,

I am trying to take the time recorded in a time tracking formula (eg 2h 55m) and convert it to a plain number with .00 accuracy (eg 2h 55m would be converted to 2.92 (hours). I have tried a few formulas but no joy so far. (The reason I want to convert the time tracking to a plain number is so I can multiply it by another number in a formula to calculate the value of time worked).

TIA Patrick

@patrickfallon

It’s pretty simple:

ROUND({Time Tracking#Hours},2)

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: monday Formulas - Part 3: Dates/Times, Strings and Status

1 Like

Can this be done, excluding seconds? Mine always includes the seconds, which add up, and that is usually more than simply the minutes on their own.

@cherylbenke

Can you give more details on what you are wanting to do?

@JCorrell, I’m using the time tracking column as a time clock.
For our payroll dept, these numbers need to be formatted into decimals. We’ve been doing this manually, and have been trying to find a way to simplify this process.
I’ve been using the formula you gave above, but because of the seconds recorded in the time tracking column, it adds those as well. I think it would be simpler to exclude the seconds in the output of the formula column.
As the picture shows, there is a time tracking column, and a formula column that outputs the result of the formula that you shared in a previous reply. The 3rd column shows what I’ve manually converted 4 hours and 31 minutes to; 7 hours, 53 minutes; 8 hours, 4 minutes; and 1 hour. The seconds calculation is different than the regular 2 decimal calculation. If I could drop the seconds in the formula, everything would be easier. (removing the “show seconds” does not change the formula).
I hope I’ve explained this with enough details to be clear.

@cherylbenke

Try this:
ROUND(ROUNDDOWN({Time Tracking#Seconds} / 60, 0) / 60, 2)

Jim - The Monday Man
We Create Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday

Thanks, @JCorrell testing that now.