Changed_at missing sometimes on dropdown value JSON

When applying this mutation, the outcome differs depending on whether I use label or index to set the value. If I use index monday adds a changed_at field or uses what I send, but if I use label the changed_at is dropped, even if I explicitly sent it. It would be great if it consistently used my value or at least set the changed_at itself.

mutation setStatus {
  change_column_value(
  	item_id:0 
  	board_id:0
  	column_id: "status2"
  	# value: "{ \"label\": \"Not Started\", \"changed_at\": \"2020-08-18 15:38:01 UTC\" }"
    value: "{ \"index\": 1, \"changed_at\": \"2020-08-18 15:38:02 UTC\" }"
	){
    id
    updated_at
  	column_values{
      id
      title
      text
      value
  	}
  }
}

when set via index, the resulting column is:

{
    "id": "status2",
    "title": "Stage",
    "value": "{\"index\":1,\"changed_at\":\"2020-08-18 15:38:02 UTC\"}",
    "text": "Planning"
}

when set via label, the resulting column is:

{
  "id": "status2",
  "title": "Stage",
  "text": "Not Started",
  "value": "{\"index\":5}"
}
2 Likes

Hey @jimcullison :wave:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I really appreciate the effort you’ve put into making this easier for us to reproduce this on our end - I can confirm I am getting the same results on my end.

I’ve gone ahead and submitted this as an improvement point to our developers. I definitely agree that the output you are getting should be consistent, regardless of the way you are parsing your data.

Thank you for helping us improve - I appreciate the time it took you to notice this and furthermore, to raise the awareness of this behavior.

-Alex

1 Like

Alex, thanks for the quick response :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing it fixed.

I’ve been building software a long time, and believe me do I know how it feels when somebody reports a problem and just says “it’s broken” and doesn’t explain why.

1 Like