Error changing column type to status

I am having a problem changing column type to Status. For a little while now I am getting an error that it cannot change column type but I am going from text or dropdown to Status and get the error.

After the error, if I refresh the page, I now have a new status column with the default status.

I have tried different browsers, tried on different boards, many different columns and same every time, looks like a bug!

Screen recoding of it happening:

Image of the column I get after the error:

hmm… weird. How many different labels do you have in your dropdown? Not only those 3 items shown but also the other 1248 items in the collapsed group

Hi,

On that particular column there is 38, so ok for the amount allowed on status column. But I have also tried on text and dropdown columns where the options are just Yes or No, same thing happens.

It has been going on for a few weeks also, but figures it was just a bug, but I cannot see anyone else having the issue and it hasn’t been resolved.

Thanks.

I would contact monday support as it is working correctly in other accounts. This seems to be a board specific issue.

Hello @andyoungy !

I have encountered this problem in the past. After a refresh, the change has always been made.

If this does not solve your problem, I would suggest contacting monday support as Baas said.

Best,
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Thanks, a refresh does show the column but doesn’t bring in the right status for each pulse, just creates a new Status column with the default labels and everything is the default grey label.

I will have to reach out to support and see if they can figure it out.

Thanks