Check for Duplicate Items

Hello, this seems to me like a very common use case so I imagine this feature already exists I’m just not sure how to program it.

What I want to do: I want to be able to enter a new pulse into a board and have an automation run in the background that will check to see if that pulse name already exists in another board of mine.

Purpose of this: To avoid entering the same pulse twice across different boards without knowing I’ve done so.

I essentially need a way to know if something I am entering into a preliminary list (board name) is already on my master list (different board), and if it is maybe there is a column I can add where it would change status to “duplicate” or something like that?

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Hi there!

While that functionality doesn’t currently exist on the platform, I’m curious if you could use a cross board automation on the main board to create items on your private task board. One recipe could be “when person is assigned to X create item on board” Would this work for you?

Cheers!

Hmm I’m really just looking to have a duplicate checker is my problem.

No work-arounds you can think of?

1 Like

I would love to be able to delete duplicates quickly. Why?
Because using Monday’s “import from Trello” features, it’s duplicated all my 650 cards. So now I have over a thousand; half of them duplicates… What am I meant to do with this!

Hey @asher and @LukeFlegg, a new app, VLOOKUP Auto-Link, may be helpful here:

I agree that finding duplicates is a really important functionality for the reasons you mentioned!

Hello @LukeFlegg,
We just released an app that address this. Here is a demo.

And here is a link to add it to your board right away.

This community post throws even more light on the various features of the app which might be useful for everyone :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!
You can how find duplicates across different boards using the Duplicates and Uniques app :sparkles::tada::trophy:.

Here is the original announcement and demo video.

If you have any questions, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com