Collapse Subitems in Gantt

Would love to be able to collapse subitems in the Gantt chart view. Currently, only the Group can be collapsed and expanded in the Gantt view.

My use case is a high-level board where each pulse is a project, and the subitems are milestones of the project. With subitems collapsed, Gantt is a good overview of many projects on one timeline. Then it would be great to just expand milestones for the project of interest. Currently, I have a timeline for the projects and the dates for the milestones enabled for the Gantt view. It works well to show the milestones cascaded under the project, but it takes up a lot of vertical space because nothing can collapse.

I agree, it’s currently all or nothing.

Hello,

It is easy solved with an extra column
1/ Add column “Subitem Collapsed”
2/ Then give ever subitem the label “Collapsed”
3/ Then put a filter on the gantt
4/ Problem is solved.

Not perfect, but it works.

Kind regards,

Bernard

You can change the Gantt view to hide subitems; it’s under the gantt settings. If you uncheck the Subitem columns timeline, then only the Project level items will appear in your gannt chart.

What if I want to show some subitems of a parent, but not all of them?

1 Like

Similar to the answer from BernardVC, add a sub item column e.g. status = Gantt or Collapsed and then use the filters to include or exclude different status. Totally agree it is not perfect.