Comparing monday groups to MS Project Outline

I’m just starting out with monday. I’m a long-time MS Project user and am trying to understand how monday handles certain elements. For example, while an “Outline” field appears in the Main Table there is no grouping of the sub-tasks either in the table or the Gantt chart. I don’t believe that the sub-items concept is analogous to sub-tasks but perhaps I’m misunderstanding. When I view a sub-item, it doesn’t seem to have the ability to have a duration or start time assigned to it.
Any help?
Thanks

Hi Nestor @Cogitoadvisorygroup :raised_hand:

I actually come from a project management background as well, and I’ve had a lot of success managing my projects in monday.com. The subitem functionality is somewhat limited, but the date/timeline columns are still available at the subitem level.

Could you give me a little bit more information on what you’re trying to accomplish? Alternatively, I’d be happy to have a quick phone call to give you a few recommendations if that’d be easier. Let me know!

Tanner
tanner@elevateops.io
Monday.com Consultant

Hi Tanner
A phone call would be more efficient and I’m available on Monday. However, it may be a moot point as my trial expires today. Let me know.
Thanks
Nestor

Hi @Cogitoadvisorygroup! Let me know if you’d still like to chat. I can be available most of the day. tanner@elevateops.io

Hi Tanner
My day has run away from me. Are you free tomorrow at 10 AM?
Thanks
Nestor

Nestor Holynskyj
nestor@cogitoadvisorygroup.com
917-992-9737