Sub-Items Timeline

Hi Monday Community.

Is there a Solution to show the timeline of sub-items in the timeline view? This would be very usefully.

Thanks for any idea so solve that.

Harald

8 Likes

Hey @Elbe-Media! Good question :slight_smile: We are working on this feature and are hoping to release it by the beginning of Q3. For more info on features related to subitems, check out this roadmap!

If you’d like help brainstorming workarounds in the meantime feel free to write back here or to support@monday.com :+1:

4 Likes

Definitely would prefer the option to display sub items or not. We are using sub items for internal tasks (not to share with client) and the main items for the information the client needs.

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting for this - we use the Timeline a lot and if they don’t show it is as if they didn’t exist…

1 Like

Arghhh…we need this ASAP! The only other timeline tool I can find that does this is Smartsheet!

Please fast track this one - would be awesome to have!

1 Like

Yes I agree. This will be a very important feature to move forward with.

1 Like

Yes this would be very helpful!

1 Like

I agree this feature would enable us to use the gantt chart to its full potential! :+1:

2 Likes

Any updates on release of this feature. An earlier message suggested begenning of Q3, and we are now approaching end of Q3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was wondering the same. I noticed i can now show the data of the underlying subitems on the main pulse. However. if i were to add two dates, i get a timeline.

What i would like to do is add milestones to bigger projects with this feature. Such that i can see all subitems in the timeline feature as seperate items. I could not find that in the subitem roadmap yet.

2 Likes

Is there any update on this? We’ve recently switched the way we plan our work out, and having the option to include the timeline of a subtask on the main timeline would be amazing.

1 Like

Any update @TRB-monday.com

1 Like

I’m also keen for this feature and hoping for an update.

It doesn’t even seem to appear on the roadmap, which is a bit concerning.

Yes please!
subitems in timeline would be wonderful

Any update on this feature? It would be very useful.

We need this as well! It is even a reason to subscribe or not. When can we expect the release?

+1 Thanks team! Looking forward to use this! :partying_face:

Oh! I asked about this on the support tool, but it’s always good to reinforce how urgent is to have subitems on the boards views and dashboards.

On my case, we are a planning a structure like this:

• ASSET
    • Step 1 - Person - Date - Estimated hours
    • Step 2 - Person - Date - Estimated hours
    • Step 3 - Person - Date - Estimated hours

The only way we can make this work is to have those views, otherwise we can assign to many tasks/hours for the same person on one given date.

1 Like

We have the same use case as @cspowers Internal Schedules vs client facing schedules and would love this sub item capability to collect them together under one group

2 Likes

This would be huge. There’s no point in having sub-tasks if you can’t use them like real tasks/pulses in the Timeline view. It’s as if they don’t exist without this feature for those that rely heavily on the timeline/gantt. Please fix! :slight_smile:

3 Likes