Subitem timeline in item timeline (without mirroring)

Hello, I found an option to reflect subitems timeline by mirroring subitem timeline, however I have items which don’t have subitems, so I wanted to check if there is any option to show subitems timeline directly in item timeline, without mirroring?
I think it will be much better.
Thanks for answering!

hi @IlonaK

Are you looking to get the overall timeline of all your subitems into the parent item? If you use the standard “Show summary in parent” there are a few things to know.

The parent column that gets created on “Show summary in parent”:

• is a special kind of mirror and therefore can’t be used in formulas and automations
  • when there are no subitems you can’t enter data into that parent item column

The app “Rollup Subitems” (see https://monday.com/marketplace/10000124) does solve both of these issues (and many more :slight_smile: )

Hi Bas,
Thank you for response, what I mean is that I don’t want to see additional column in the item row, what I expected is to see item timeline updated accordingly to subitems timeline changes.
Please see screenshot from my board

That is exactly what the app is doing :slight_smile:

Perhaps I explained myself not so clearly:)
Assuming you did the following steps:
Click 3 dots in the right corner of subitem timeline-> choose “Show summary on Parent Item”
If yes, I done it already and it’s not what I wanted. Since most of my items don’t have subitems I want to see only 1 Timeline column that reflect dates of the items and subitems (where applicable)
When I’m choosing this option “Show summary on Parent Item” I see 2 Timeline columns- 1 for item and the second for subitems.
Maybe I missed something?

I would recommend, for the consistency of the database, to have at least one subitem for each item.

Thanks for idea, will think about if won’t find another options:)

hi @IlonaK

The app I explained above does not use the " Show summary on Parent Item" at all. The app has its own mechanism to get the data from the subitems into a real monday timeline column in the parent item. Therefore the same timeline column can be used when you have items that doesn’t have subitems.

Hi Bas,
Thank you for explanation, I’m not surer that my company would purchase additional app, maybe you know how to fix this problem directly from monday.com?

hi @IlonaK

What you want is not possible with out-of-the-box monday.com. There are many area where apps extends the possibilities of monday.com. If your company does not allow app, you are limited to the functionality monday.com gives you.

Ok, thank you Bas, you helped me to understood this issue.

Hi Bas,
I’m trying to use the automations in the add-on but getting error message. Do you know if it works? Something specific i need to do?

Hi Christina
Have yo checked the monday notifications and the integrations page on your board? If you want me to check the logfiles I need your monday account url.

Hi,

I couldn’t find any error messages there.

This is the error message I get when I try to use the addon automation:

hi @christinar

I am sorry but I can’t help without knowing your monday account URL.

My account is one of the company I work in accounts

I now found an email that the trial period has expired, so I guess someone else in my company installed it and tried it already. Sadly, I cannot test it myself to check if this resolves my issue so I could ask my manager (we are a team of project managers) to purchase the addon.

I am not sure where I can find my Monday URL.

Also, not sure I understand the pricing for a global account.

your monday account url is something in the form

xyz-team.monday.com

I can’t do anything without this account url

Hi,
It is: nayax-force.monday.com
Thank you

This is the notification that has been sent out to userId 48,216,453

The trial period (started on 2023-11-28) for your integration has passed. Please visit excellent-team.nl/solutions if you want to purchase this integration.

So, the reason it does not work is because you are out of your trial period. You can unlock the app by making a purchase here 25|Rollup Subitems - Excellent Team

Yes, I already understood that (also wrote above). I personally did not test it so I don’t know if it fits for my needs, so cannot ask my manager to purchase the addon and then realize this is not what I need.
Also can you please elaborate on the pricing? If this is a company account with multiple users, how much will cost for us? For what period of time?