Counting Specific entries in another Workspace

I’m new to Monday, but not new to technology in general. I’d classify myself as one of those folks if you point me in the right direction, I’ll figure out what I need to figure out.

Here is what I’m trying to do. A client of mine has Contacts board that lists the names of people that use their product in a specific manner. They are wanting to track issues that these folks may be having with the product.

I’ve created the new board (Problems) in a new Workspace. This board pulls the Firstname Lastname from the main column in the Contacts board. (I don’t think it’s relevant, but I am showing a few other columns from the Contacts board in Problems.)

What I’d like to do is create a Column in Contacts that will count the number of times that the person shows up in the Problems board with a Status of Resolved or Other. I have current automation’s that move the item to the Resolved table in Problems. Now I just need to figure out how to create the column in Contacts (which is in a different Workspace) that would count the number of times the person shows up in Problems but only in the Resolved table.

An example:
Bob Smith has an entry in the Contacts board.
In the last 2 months Bob has had 2 entries added to Problems (different Workspace) and the Status Column for those entries have been marked Resolved.
When someone views Bob’s entry in Contacts, it would have a Column called “Issues” that counts the number of entries Bob has in Problems.

Is that possible? Is there a way to search for data in this manner with Monday? In my limited Excel experience, I think I could do it there with COUNT or VLOOKUP, (or something similar.) Is this possible in Monday?

Could someone point me in the right direction?

1 Like