Create a dependency when creating multiple subitems on automations

Is it possible to create a dependencie when creating multiple subitems on automations?

I know you can assign a dependency on an Item already created on the board. is there a way to do it with the items you are creating on the automation?

Example of automation: When an item is created create a sub item (a) and create a sub item (b) and create a sub item (c).

Is it possible to create a dependency for sub item (b) on sub item (a), and a dependency for sub item (c) on sub item (b)?

Hi. I’m trying to do exactly the same thing.
When I create the dependencies manually on a board, the changes to dates works fine. When I create the dependencies by automation Adjust the subitem timeline of an item to refelct the changes made in the date of its subitem dependent on item, it fails.
I’ve been in touch with monday.com and the developers are having a look at it for me.

Hi @rramirezz , did you get any answers for that? I’m almost killing myself trying to solve this issue!!!

1 Like

Facing the exact same issue, did you mange to solve it?

I am in need of the very same thing. Any response yet? Is monday looking to develop this?

I could use this. I have been asking Monday support as well as 3rd party app developers and have not found a workable solution yet.

Hey all,

We have several apps in the marketplace and we’ve started exploring a way to build an app that would solve this. I’d love to talk to any of you that are facing this challenge to better understand the use case and what exactly you’re trying to achieve so we can design the right solution.

If any of you are up for a quick discussion, please shoot me an email to daniel@fantasymedia.io.

Thanks!

what is the name of the app?
i m trying to do the same thing.
i have a timeline for subitems and i m trying to link it to the timeline in the item but i cant find a way to do that

Hey @snaguib3

We developed an app that solves this exact pain point of linking between item’s timeline and subitems’ timeline. There’s a few options -

When subitem is created you can set the same timeline as the parent item’s timeline -

When the parent item changes you can change the subitem’s timeline + add some offset to it -

You can also go the other way and rollup all subitem’s timeline to the parent item -

You can find it in the monday.com marketplace in the platform or here - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

Hope that helps!