Create a recurring item with a different regular date

Hi All, first time poster. I’ve been trying to find an answer to this issue in the forum without luck. I want to create a recurring item to ‘Complete Timesheet’ every Thursday. I can create the recurring item, but I cannot find a way to set the due date for the following Friday every time the task is created. Within the automation, I can set a due date, but this is fixed so every week it creates the item with the same due date, when it needs to be for the next day every week. Any ideas? TIA

Hey Conor,

Welcome to the community - thanks for sharing your question!

Can I ask if an automation sequence like the following could work?

1. Set the recurring recipe up:

1. Once the item is created, set the date to the current date and push the date so that it’s set for the following Friday:

It might need a few tweaks but is this roughly along the lines of what you’re looking for? :pray:

Hi Bianca, thanks for the suggestion. It is along the right lines I think - I tried something similar. The problem is, however, that the automation to push the date then applies to all new items that are created. Whereas I only want that particular automation to apply to the specific item that is auto-created each week.

Hello @conorktn,

I know for myself, if I have a situation like that I usually create a new dropdown column, add a label for recurring, then update the automation so it is:

This way as long as the original item has that dropdown selected, the duplicate will as well. Also, it prevents other new items from getting the date pushed.

Hope that helps,

Hey Conor, we recently launched a new app “Schedule Recurring Tasks” just for these types of purposes. You can schedule task on per item basis. You can also set a due date to x days post item/task creation date. We have a 14-day trial so please check it out - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

If you want to see the app in action first checkout the demo here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfI1NW0rfvA

Hey Conor, we recently launched a new app “Schedule Recurring Tasks” just for these types of purposes. You can schedule task on per item basis. You can also set a due date to x days post item/task creation date. We have a 14-day trial so please check it out - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

If you want to see the app in action first checkout the demo here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfI1NW0rfvA