Currency Column Dropping Trailing Zero

Sorry, this seems like it has to be a repeat but nothing came up in my search. Here’s my issue:

I have a simple number column set to $. When I have a dollar amount that ends in zero, monday is dropping the trailing zero. For instance, if the amount is $99.50 monday shows it as $99.5. Is there a way to make it always show two decimal places?

3 Likes

Nobody? Seems this should be a common issue?

I’m having this issue as well. I have a formula column that calculates total revenue and 2 decimals is required. ROUND doesn’t work because it drops the trailing zero. Need a solution on this.

To add, using the TEXT string to force the 0 doesn’t work for me either - as it converts the number to string and the data does not show up in my reports.

I use the below which works, but it converts the figure to text which introduces its own issues. Something this basic really should be handled with a server side fix.

TEXT({Price},"$#,##0.00")

If this needs a vote, it has mine, I also find this distracting with the “missing” zero on the end.

1 Like

Hey @psperry! Thanks so much for the feedback here! We are always looking for ways to improve our product so we appreciate you bringing this up!

Were you able to find a good solution here or would you like some further assistance from our monday.com experts and formula wizards? If you’d like help with this, shoot us an email at support@monday.com! :blush:

I was able to get things to an acceptable level with what I posted above but this is just a hack IMO. There needs to be an official way of presenting numbers and currency properly without creating extra columns and formulas.

Hey @psperry,

We hear you on this.

We recommend reaching out to our support team via support@monday.com, as they have a dedicated expert formula crew who would be happy to look into other ways to set this up more seamlessly :+1:

Best,
Bianca