Customize calendar widget colors

Color coding is crucial to our efficiency, and the options that are auto-assigned are certainly not ADA compliant. PLEASE FIX

1 Like

Hey @cdf !

**First of all, I would like to welcome you to the monday community!

To manually select & change the colors of ‘Dashboard Calendar View’, you need to click the HEX Color Code or the RGB Color Code option from your design tab in monday dot com. This will open a pop-up window where you can choose colors of your interest. By clicking apply option, you can change the color codes of your calendar dashboards. With color coding, you don’t have to create separate calendar boards for each projects and can easily discern activities based on colors. Experts with rich knowledge of Calendly monday integration can apply color codes to the calendar dashboards and deliver much more visually effective calendar widget for your team.

Regards
Neelam B
Damco Solutions
Phone: +1 609 632 0350 | Email : info@damcogroup.com

Thank you for this solution! :slight_smile: 1 question though, where can we find the Design tab to choose and apply the color for the boards in calendar widget. Is it from an app or template? Thanks in advance!

Would love to have the possibility to use different color setting in timeline view and the timeline widget. Currently the colors are based on the group color and I want them to use a status column (like green is done, red is overdue and so on). Both timeline view and timeline widget has a Group by 
 setting and the request is to add a Color by 
 setting which allows selecting a Status column.

4 Likes

Yes. I’m new to monday.com but this is one of the first limitations I have come across!

1 Like

Yes, this would be SO great! Our team find it hard to use the monday timeline without this feature

Hi all

This is a feature several customers are asking for. I don’t know why is no voted because is quite requested.

Do someone have some workaround but duplicate groups into the same board or duplicate boards and use dashboards?

Regards!

1 Like

It would be tremendously helpful. The timeline is almost useless if you can’t see directly from it the status of each task.

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to this thread, and recognise it has been a significant amount of time since we’ve updated this request! We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community, particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance!

On that note, as we pull together all the votes associated with this topic, we would love if you can redirect the votes on this thread, to the primary thread (most voted) here: Manually choose color-coding for boards displayed in Dashboard calendar view - #17 by jcrab - as we plan to close this smaller thread in an attempt to consolidate all votes, and better prioritise this feature request based upon the total amount of votes :pray:

Thank you!

Our team uses Monday.com to plan and manage upcoming events. Each event is a separate pulse in our event planning board. We use the calendar view a lot, both on a weekly and monthly to quickly see what events are upcoming and we like that we can drill down into the event from that view.

In the board view calendar, the color of the pulse is defined by which group it is in. In the calendar dashboard widget, the color of the pulse is defined by which board the pulse is in (color is assigned at random). In both cases we would like the ability to choose a status column that defines the color of the pulse in the calendar.

Hi @JTC, Josh

This is similar to Color coding timeline (and widget) with status color. There are more of these request, please thumb up the other ones :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We manage a lot of data in Dashboard and this feature will be very awesome to avoid time consuming

1 Like

Hey Bas de Bruin,
Yes, very similar to your request. Would be great to see both happen

1 Like

Hello all- Melissa from monday here!

I think this is a great idea, and we are looking at the possibility of doing this internally. What you can do now within the dashboard is ‘color by’ and color by a specific column of your choosing. I understand this doesn’t get exactly what you are looking for, but hopefully this will help!

2 Likes

Hi all,

We are really sorry for the delay in responding to this thread, and recognise it has been a significant amount of time since we’ve updated this thread. We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community, particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance!

On that note, as we pull together all the votes associated with this topic, we would love if you can redirect the votes on this thread, to the primary thread (most voted) here: Manually choose color-coding for boards displayed in Dashboard calendar view - #17 by jcrab - as we plan to close this smaller thread in an attempt to consolidate all votes, and better prioritise this feature request based upon the total amount of votes :pray:

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, for sure need this!! Just finished live chatting with a representative on Monday looking for the answer to this issue
 could not believe that there wasn’t already a solution out there! Thought I was just having a hard time locating it. Monday, please fix!

Please address this. Not being able to choose a color for each board represented in calendar view is a huge miss IMO. My board colors are pink, red and yellow and it’s driving me crazy.

I would also really like to manually choose the colors, but if we can’t, at least for the automatic colors based on “Color by Board” to be better
 I have selected five boards that I’d like to display, and two of them are almost the exact shade of yellow (out of five colors!).

1 Like

I just don’t understand how monday thinks this color
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 10.52.43 AM
is an effective calendar viewing option. Completely inaccessible.

7 Likes

My team has a need for this as well. We use the dashboards to combine some of our calendars to help with planning.

When I combine the boards, I color the calendar by board. The colors it choses are random, it does not correlate with a group or status. The colors that default are often hard to read (dark background with black text), too similar to each other (two similar shades of yellow) or not color blind friendly. Being able to chose the colors would help eliminate these issues for our team.

1 Like