Include Ability To Modify Color of Pulses In Dashboard Calendar

In a Dashboard Calendar, you can “Choose which columns’ data to view in this calendar.” It would be great to also be able to choose what color the pulses display as in that calendar.

Right now it seems like the colors are arbitrary, one pulse is the same color as its status, another pulse is the group color, another pulse is grey while another pulse is a color that has absolutely nothing to do with anything in that pulse.

As a company that uses color to categorize boards and groups, it would be great to transfer that visual element to the calendar. For example, no matter what board, there’s a group for Completed pulses and this group is always colored black. This is so that we can still see this task on the calendar, but it doesn’t “pop” as much as active tasks. Our PR board has This Month, Next Month, and Later groups, all of which are blue colors so that at a calendar view, we see blue and recognize it as PR.

While I know you can filter the calendar to segment these boards and whatnot, we really need an overview calendar of everything going on, and to be able to provide some visual categorization and organization to that would be great!

4 Likes

I agree! Example attached here. Right now the items for one group “Advocacy” are assigned purple and look like they are with the group “Comms” whose title is purple. Very unclear!

5 Likes

Yep. The fact that we cannot select the color of each calendar ourselves makes people less inclined to interact with our integrated marketing calendar. The dashboard will assign random colors to each calendar (board) that flows through, and you cannot change it if you don’t like how they look together. It can even make things confusing, like in user dgarrison’s comment. Had I known about this it might have been a deal breaker. we were coming from smartsheet who had the most extensive integrated calendar feature ever (you could even pivot it).

We have 4 calendars we merged on our dashboard:

BROWN - Email
PINK - Product Release
HOT PINK - Promotions (showing duration)
ORANGE - Campaign Launch

The brown on black is illegible and should be illegal. The Pink Promos and Pink Products kill us too. I hope this is a good enough example to convince you to include a feature that will give us the option to change the assigned color.

I also noticed there are 21 votes on this thread: Manually choose color-coding for boards displayed in Dashboard calendar view

TY!