Dashboard board & Template Boards

I am trying to find out if a Dashboard when connected to a Template, will populate the newly created boards from the template or just connect the template itself? I want to determine if there is a work around for automating connections from a template to an overview board. Essentially, it would be ideal to map the template items to the group columns in the overview board. I haven’t figured out if this is possible yet, I have tried the “Match Beta” automations but not getting the anticipated results and I have tried Make but their instructions are written by developers and not in laymen’s terms, so I get lost on some of the technical jargon and intent.

Hey Ed,

If you’re referring to a dashboard view, the dashboard view will populate when those newly created boards are created from that template - it should appear exactly how the template was saved. That said, I might be misunderstanding, so feel free to share some screenshots :pray:

Good morning Bianca,

I originally setup an overview board that captures pertinent dates for various stages in our processes. I learned through piloting, that the dates (Timeline) from the individual project board, will aggregate the dates of that column in the overview board. These were setup using the connect and mirror functionality. So if we had the install dates being say 2/24 - 2/26, the apps dates from 3/1 to 3/3, it would show them as 2/24 to 3/3 in each column i mirrored, when i really want to show those two date ranges individually in two different columns on the same row of the overview board.

The dashboard question was something i found in the community but couldn’t find documentation on what they posted. I think i am using the dashboard type correctly, so nevermind on that.

Hey Ed,

If I am understanding correctly, I am afraid this is expected at this time. If you have multiple items connected in one cell, the mirrored date column will aggregate the date specific to those connected items. In order to avoid this, you’d need to ensure only one item is connected - that said, do let me know if I am off path here - feel free to share a screenshot if needed!

1 Like

Thank you for the info.

1 Like