"date has passed" automation broken for subitems

It looks like the “date has passed” automation queries the parent’s status columns instead of the subitems (as expected). Works for other automations, but this one seems broken.

Monday.com support hasn’t been helpful lately, so going to the community.

See attached image.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas for workarounds for time being?

1 Like

Hey Jon,

Thank you for flagging this and I apologise to hear of your experience with support, I will be sure to share this feedback internally :pray:

As for your post, I see that the behaviour is inconsistent across automation triggers. Please let me follow up with the relevant team internally and get back to you! Thanks for your continued patience :pray:

For others, here was the resolution. Basically, it’s not supposed to “work”.

Lourdes (monday.com)

Jan 25, 2024, 7:49 AM EST

Good day, Jon.

I appreciate the time you took to read my emails and also for your understanding. 🙏

I would like to kindly clarify that this situation with subitems is not reported as a bug as it is not an scenario where the feature exists and has an error, but an option that is not yet supported by the platform, i.e. a known limitation.

Most of our feature updates and new features are created based on your feedback, and this is precisely the comments that will help us to enhance the experience with subitems and automations. I sincerely care about how you feel with these limitations, but rest assured that the Product Team and the developers are working on having more options with subitems.

Let me know if I can do something else for you.