Subtask Automation - Notification

Hello!

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out with some automations. Basically, I want a notification to be sent to the responsible party if a subitem is past its Task Date. I tried to make it so that when a subitem Task Date arrives, the subitem status changes to Overdue, then the second Automation would kick in to send the notification:

Am I going about this the wrong way? Any help would be appreciated!

@andy.carrillo

That will work just fine. You could use a single custom automation:

But, there is no significant advantage.

Jim - The Monday Man

Hi @JCorrell ! Thanks for your reply! I followed your instructions and created just a single automation. After testing, the subitem status still won’t change to Overdue and I’m not receiving any email notification. Any ideas?

@andy.carrillo

The first place I’d look would be the When portion of the automation. To state the maybe not so obvious, the way that monday processes “date arrives” triggers is that they are checked for the specified condition at the time given in the When portion.

@JCorrell

Thanks for the suggestion! Upon looking at the When portion of the automation, I set it to “When date arrives at 7 AM”

When I try to test it out by assigning myself as the responsible party and setting the Task Date to today, nothing happens to the status and I don’t get an email notification:

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thank you for all your help so far!

@andy.carrillo

Yes. If you have the When set to 7AM, that is when the system with do the check. If you want to test it, set it to 2PM (or whatever) then wait until 2:05PM and see if it worked.

@JCorrell

That’ll do it! Thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.