# Days in Each Status

I need to track the number of days an item had each of the status options.

In this example, our status options are stages, and we have about 10 possible stages. (1st Approach, 2nd Approach, Meeting Scheduled, etc.)

I need to be able to see that the item was in 1st approach for 6 days, 2nd approach for 2 days and meeting scheduled for 3 days. Sometimes, an item will skip stages, or go backwards and sit in an earlier stage for additional days.

I tried creating automations and columns to capture date status (stage) changed and then another formula column to subtract, but that only works if the item goes through all stages in a linear, sequential fashion, and it required me adding 20+ additional columns.

I’m sure I’m missing something basic - there has got be an easier way I’m just overlooking, right?

Any assistance is appreciated!

Hi @MelissaPFA just wanted to let you know that there is an add-on that can provide this information out-of-the box. With the Screenful Dashboards add-on, you can see timings for individual tasks, and averages over any subset of tasks.

You can specify any of your status fields to be the basis of your workflow. Screenful will then calculate how long each item stays on each of the workflow state. You can learn more from this blog post.

There’s a free trial so you can give it a try!