Do you need Whatsapp integration with Monday? How should it work?

Hi people,

I am Kyrylo from the TimelinesAI team. We have created a tool that enables teams to organize, collaborate, and retain important business messages and files from Whatsapp.

We’ve figured out that often the end goal for our users is to plan and coordinate the work of their team according to the communication they have on Whatsapp. They would often use project management tools like Monday.

So we’re considering the option to integrate with the Monday app and enable you to work with your Whatsapp messages right from Monday. But I would love to learn more about your needs first.

If you would love to see the integration with Whatsapp, please tell:

1. What problem would such integration help you to solve?

2. How would you use it?

3. What exactly would you want to import from Whatsapp and where in the Monday app should it go? Or vice versa?

I would appreciate hearing from you!

In case you are interested to learn more about the project we’ve been working on,
visit https://timelines.ai, or write to me at kyrylo@timelines.ai.

I will be glad to answer your questions as well!

4 Likes

how’s it going with this? souns interesting?
I use whatsapp in my ecommerce but not sure how would that play with monday.

A painpoint is to create new items in a board everytime we get a lead from whatsapp.

1 Like

Hello! I think this would be an amazing integration to have!
For our team, having a way to “tag” individual messages or strings of conversation to a particular (and maybe even multiple) boards OR folders would be great. I’ve talked about this with my team, and we think it would be awesome if the tagged messages from a whatsapp conversation could show up in the top right of a board, by adding a butting next to the “activities” button. This way, you could keep open whichever item you are working in, and still view messages that are tagged as applicable to that board. It would allow for photos, files, and texts to be tagged. Within that widget, there could be an option to “copy to item” so that specific files and messages can later be sorted and placed appropriately, or left to the entire board.
We would use it to quickly and efficiently disperse information that comes in via text to the appropriate project on Monday.com. THere are some members of our team whose thoughts and ideas jump all over the place, and being able to tag particular messages as they come in to be able to go back and use them for later would be an indispensable tool!
It would be awesome if the whatsapp application could have an integration so that the little arrow that appears in the top right of conversations and messages that shows a dropdown could have a “Tag in Monday.com” option. clicking that option would allow you to select either the board or the folder that the selected message goes to. In some cases, entire message threads could show up on Monday, but if users use the same group for multiple projects, this would allow them to select individual (and multiple at a time) pieces of content to tag.
I hope this makes sense and is helpful and our team seriously hopes this happens sometime in the future!!!

We would appreciate a Whatsapp integration. We would like to use it in communication with our clients.

1. We call the client to ask about documents.
  2. Send a Whatsapp message to the client to remind him and in this case he has our contact number
  3. Client send a Whatsapp message with pictures of the document.
    The Whatsapp account /number should be useable for more than one employee, means if a employee is not available at the office another employee is communication with the clients.

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your detailed reply! I passed it to my team. It helps us to better understand the workflow that people may have with Monday.

One question: do you use Whatsapp Web, or mobile app? Or both?
The main use case would be to import selected messages and files from Whatsapp and attach them to the relevant board, right?

1 Like

Got it, Cornelia. Thank you for your reply!

Thanks! I’ll keep your pain point in mind, thanks a lot for sharing.
Still gathering feedback for now.

If there are other use cases or pain points, I’d be glad to hear them!

1 Like

WhatsApp will be amazing. But WeChat is key when you work with vendors in Asia.

1 Like

We use both versions, but if there had to be a priority the web based version would probably be more straightforward since we use monday.com more on a computer than a phone.

1 Like

Hello KyTa,

I just found out about the monday.com community and your project of integrating Monday.com and WhatsApp.
My team mates and me would definitely appreciate such an integration! (In terms of communication it would actually be the most important need of our team right now…)

Are you still working on the topic? If yes, when do you think the integration will be available? :slight_smile:

Here some feedback from our team:

In our team, we use both the mobile application and desktop version of WhatsApp. Although Monday.com has already helped us reducing the communication via WhatsApp, we can still not do without it.

It helps us especially, when we want to send photos or videos to the rest of our team, while on a business trip. As WhatsApp compresses files, they can be more easily uploaded than on the monday.com app. We also send each other voice messages via WhatsApp - a functionality not available on Monday.com.
The inconvenient is that whenever there is interesting content sent on WhatsApp, we have to download it on our server, in order to upload it into Monday.com. It would be defenitely helpful to have a “shortcut” directly from WhatsApp to Monday!

WhatsApp is also useful for us, in order to communicate with external partners. For many of our projects, we create a specific WhatsApp group including the partners we work with on that project. (WhatsApp groups are easier to set up in our case, as they work with phone numbers and not with email addresses.) It would be perfect if the content (messages, photos, videos, documents, etc.) shared in such an “external” WhatsApp group could be updated directly with the update section of the project in Monday.com.

That is all I can think of for now. I hope, my explanations were clear to you and I am looking forward to your new WhatsApp integration! :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @KyTa how are you…
i want to ask… there is some good news with this requested integration???

Hey! Yes, we are working on it, thanks for asking! I think we will release an API/webhook version first so more tech savvy users or those who have developers at their disposal will be able to try it first!

When we will gather enough feedback we will release a custom-tuned solution tailored to Monday interface out of the box.

If anyone is interested to get early access to the version that would need some tuning on your side and you have a developer who might do that, let me know!

2 Likes

Hi Evelyn!

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer! It does help to understand the requirements better!

Just to let you know, we are working on the integration. I think we will release an API/webhook version first so more tech savvy users or those who have developers at their disposal will be able to try it first!

When we will gather enough feedback we will release a custom-tuned solution tailored to Monday interface out of the box (that’s where your feedback will come up useful as well).

If anyone is interested to get early access to the version that would need some tuning on your side and you have a developer who might do that, let me know!

1 Like

Im interested…
see my yesterday post in feature request to see my use case.

We use WhatsApp Business. The mobile version will have more functionalities than the normal web version,

Hi KyTa,

I am also very interested in the WhatsApp integration as a freelancer working for a few small companies who use Monday. Especially for small / medium size business this is interesting, as they work often with Whats App Business.
Any updates so far or a timeline?
Thanks for sharing!
Simona

1 Like

Hi, my customers often use voice message to communicate with us, to each customer we need send text messages, voice messages, pictures and videos… Of course customer sometimes want to send us pictures and videos too… We are planning use Rocket.chat to handle all customers communication and share contents with them, But I cannot see how these scenes can be added into monday.com app, obviously we need push notifications to alert customers immediately when we post something in their boards.
We don’t have developer to handle it, so we need something easy to implement it, there any version or way that already let us test it?

1 Like

Hello!

We’ve pushed a new integration to monday.com marketplace, we support WhatsApp Business API and the next features:

• write messages first to your customers
  • chat with your customers right from monday Item View
  • create automations (when new dialog started, when new message received and more)
  • send messages when status changed, button clicked and more
  • notify your team to WhastApp when something changed

You can find our integration here.

Feel free to ask me anything about this integration.

1 Like

What are the requirements? Whats free? and what its for a price? Its a only time paid app? or it has a monthly cost?
Thanks in advance

Hello Hernan, how are you? We just lunch the monblip. Easy app to automate your integration with whatsapp. Without requeriments!!!
If you need more information or customization, just tell me!
Cya