Wechat integration

Hi there, I’m new here.

I’m in the process of migrating from Basecamp and our pilot test on Monday is going very well. Our testers are super happy with the experiences of the functions and capabilities of Monday overall.

Our company is a multinational business with sales and design in the USA, product research and development and manufacturing based in China, and distribution in North America and Europe.

We depend heavily on WeChat for collaboration with our China team and our manufacturing partners. As you may know, the WeChat platform has over 1.1 billion users. Are there plans to build an integration to WeChat? If so, when. There would be great business value and pay enormous dividends if you were to build this. :slight_smile:

PS. A WeChat integration is incredibly important since Monday is not blocked by the great China Firewall. However many other social media platforms and communications tools are.

1 Like

Hi @yin69yang - I appreciate your feedback and the WeChat suggestion! Currently, we do not have plans to add WeChat as an active integration - I’m curious what other tools you might be able to use and how WeChat affects your workflow to see what we can do on our end to meet that need! Cheers!

Hello Laura, apologies I thought I responded to this immediately. Apparently I never hit the “Reply” button. That should be a new feature of monday. Just predict that I want to send a reply and do it for me because I’m lazy! We use WeChat as our realtime and asychonous group chat very much like Slack or MS Teams. WeChat business also has similar functions like MS teams and Skype for screen share and virtual meetings , and cloud document management.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I agree with @yin69yang, we work with many vendors in Asia and they almost exclusively use WeChat. Would be amazing to have alerts/reminders sent to that platform, similar to MS Teams.

3 Likes

希望form功能可以在中国使用,我们目前都是打开vpn才可以使用monday。如果可以直接接入微信真的是非常了不起的

2 Likes

Hi Laura. WeChat and WeChat work are the only tools people, doing business in China, use to communicate and collaborate among subordinates, companies, and partnerships. It’s so sad that monday.com still doesn’t have plans to integrate with WeChat or WeChat work. Hopefully, it will happen soon.

1 Like

Wechat or Wecom, new user requesting that integration.
We use Wecom to communicate with customers, we need send notifications to the customer chat when we update something.
They just subscribe with their wechat ID in our board shared with them.
Please avoid open registration page, then register with their email, then they have put our company name, then they have put their company name… They just receive the board shared by us and accept the subscription invitation, done.

1 Like

Hi @lauralev also adding to this. As we use Monday to manage our Supplier Relationship Management having this WeChat integration to track chat history with Chinese suppliers would be invaluable for our business.

1 Like

our business depends heavily on wechat and wecom as well, if Monday can integrate with Wechat and be able to pull all the chat history from the platform from Wechat to Monday that would be amazing!

Continuing the discussion from Wechat integration:

Hey I would LOVE a WeChat integration as well. This would streamline our communication with our factories and keep everything so much more organized. We share invoicing, product communication, images, videos ect… all through WeChat its our most used app. Help us Monday.com team!!!

Thank you

1 Like

I realize this is an old thread but this feature would be AMAZING. Especially as we try to bring people together and convince them why we should use Monday.com. That is honestly one of the hardest parts is dealing with people saying why should I use that when I can do this. It seems we need to do 2 steps when we could do 1, and integrating these things is better than having a new product to have to teach and get people on board with.