Duplicate board not carrying all AUTOMATIONS to the new duplicated board

Hi.
I am duplicating a board that contains 44 automations(recipies).
When the new board is created I see only 39 automations (missing 5 automations). I’ve tried to do that many times… I already opened a ticket to support.

Please, does somebody already faced this problem?

Maybe this is a bug from the platform.

I already executed the steps bellow, but not success:
I’ve tried:

• using Chrome (clear history)
  • using Microsoft Edge (Clearing history)
  • using incognito navigation (anonymous navigation)… on both browsers…

(by the way: all automations are ‘on’).

tks

@Roni,

Is there anything at all that you can tell that is unique about the 5 missing automations that are different from the other 44, e.g.: when they were created, type of trigger, restrictions on columns referenced, mirrored columns, standard recipes vs custom, referencing other boards, etc.?

Jim

Sorry Jim,

I understand your question and I think it would be good approach… but…

I have some recipe that have the same behaviour but only consider ‘different groups’.

Some of then were duplicated… some do not.

I can show you bellow:

1-This recipe was duplicated to another board: (1.1.15 and 1.1.18 are groups)… the logic is the same… only groups are different…

2- This recipe bellow was NOT duplicated (and have the same logic/structure)…

Both recipes are ‘on’.

I am testing ‘Monday.com’ using a free account (as you know …14 days of experience using ‘pro’ account experience).

With this problems (missing Automations/recipies When duplicate boards)… our company are in doubt in adopting this platform if we have problems or bugs in duplicating boards and recipies.

Imagine if we have 500 automations… and in the duplicated board… the platform carry only 100… in this case we will spend new time to developed recipies (400!!!) already existents on another board.

(it is not good!!!)

I do not know if this BUG happen only in free/testing account…

This case would be priority to your development team to check… This is a very strange behaviour…

Tks for your help…

Best Regards

RR

~WRD037.jpg

image003.png

Jim,

Sorry , I thought U were from tech Support from Monday.com

I sent the same answer to support Monday.com

Tks!!!

~WRD037.jpg

image003.png

@Roni,

The example you gave does seem to indicate an issue. Submitting it to support was the right call. Hopefully, they will be able to get it figured out and resolved quickly.

For what it’s worth, I believe that monday is a solid product with a very good support team. I have almost 40 years of experience working with business related software. I can’t think of one system or package in that time that I considered important that I didn’t run into an issue with at some point. I also can’t say whether or not monday is a good fit for what your needs are. But I will say that if, based on what you know monday can do today, it meets your current and foreseeable business needs, I believe you will be able to depend on it performing as solidly or better than any other solution available.

Jim

tks Jim for your feedback regarding the platform. I’m trying to solve this issue with support.

Best regards
RR

Dear Jim,
(Just to share)

I think the support ‘identified a pattern’ regarding this problem.

All recipies (automations) that has integration with ‘email’ (in my case… Outlook)… are not carrying to new duplicated board.

I am waiting the next steps from the support team.

tks a lot
Best Regards.
Roni

1 Like

@Roni

Good to hear. Thanks for keeping us/me up to date!

Was this issue ever solved? I’m having the same issue where the gmail automations are not transferring over to my duplicated boards.

3 Likes

I am having a similar Outlook issue here

1 Like

When I had this issue (Recipies that envolves Outlook , email integration… are not copied to another board)… the support Team tell me it is a problem that should be solved in the future. We identified this pattern… email integration do not carry recipies.

All recipies (Automations) where I have ‘EMAIL action’ (in our case… outlook integration) … are not duplicated to Other boards…

Today I am not using Monday (not paid account) and I can not do a test to confirm if the problem was solved.

Regards
RR

2 Likes

Have the same issue. Upon duplicating a board, the only automations that did not fulfill the migration were those containing an “Email” action. Hoping this gets resolved.

1 Like

I seem to be having this issue and one other with automations and gmail. First, they will not come over. I can handle that by making templates, copy and paste. However, now any of my automations with gmail will not run. They just keep saying ‘in process’. I am at a loss. Anyone have suggestions by chance? I even set up an ‘integration’ to match one of the automations. It does not seem to work as an integration or automation.

Hi, facing the same problem right now. I guess it was not solved yet.

1 Like

It looks like this is a major difference between an automation (acting inside monday only) and an integration (using outside services (e.g. gmail)). The integrations do not carry over on board duplication and I do kind of understand why.

An integration could also be an integration with your bank account (every time an item is create transfer an amount to somebody). You don’t want this to carry over to a duplicated board (I guess).

My company starts using Monday about 1 month ago and I’m having this same issue. Any automation has integration with email is not carrying to a new duplicated board. It’s already 2 years and it looks like this feature is not one of their top priority. It will be a waste of time when we have to create same automations when we duplicate a board.

1 Like

Hi there! I’m having the same issue… But in my case, I have almost 40 automations with gmail recipe… It has been rather annoying to have to create dozens of automations from board to board, since I have to duplicate over 20 boards of the same type.

But, “normal” integrations (not automations with integrations recipes) are carried over, I tested it.

I so need this fixed … Hope we get it.