Duplicate integrations when duplicating a board

Hi,
I’ve noticed that when I’m duplicating a board that already has some automations & integrations set up, only the automations get duplicated and integrations need to be done all over again.
Is there a way to duplicate those too?

Thanks for help!

I’m having the same issue as above. :point_up: Really hoping integrations can be carried over if you’re duplicating a board.

1 Like

Hello!

At the moment there is no way to duplicate integrations across boards and we’re only able to do so with limited automations. This is because integrations are mapped directly to the Board ID of the board to which they belong to and when a board is duplicated, the Board ID changes.

I will communicate this to our developers to see if supporting the ability to duplicate integrations across boards is something we may be able to implement in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks. Even if before duplicating you had to toggl what integrations were carried over.

3 Likes

I think that the integrations and automations that can not be immediately activated could be copied, turned off and flagged as requiring edits before allowing them to be turned on. For us, this would make the use of templates significantly more useful.

9 Likes

I would love this too - templates are kind of useless if they don’t duplicate integrations. We use templates to create several boards per day for each new project checklist and it’s a major pain that we can’t make use of the integrations feature. It’s pretty much the whole reason we signed up to Monday in the first place.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a good idea. Integrations that could be copied over will be, and those that can’t won’t (possibly with a notification about this).

Seems to be a similar request to Integrations and templates issues

1 Like

hi,

Is there any progress on this? This is truely a flaw if Integrations (especially Start + End = Timeline, seen as it should be a native automation and not a third-party feature) don’t follow templates you set up in a company.

1 Like

Integrations & automations are now copied along with the other components of a board when a board is duplicated or created using a template.

With the integrations, it is important to note that they are copied to the new board in a “ghost” state and must be re-added to the board.

3 Likes

This is great news @JCorrell . We have actually shied away from using some simple integrations with templates because they needed to be recreated each time. Awesome!

This is important for our workflows!

1 Like

But if I pack a board as a workspace template the integration recipe does carry over, just has to be reintialized with a connection, could work as a solution for the feature request here

1 Like

Hi @JCorrell - is this working for you? I need some General Caster integrations to come across from a template and they are not (not even in ghost mode)? Have you had success with this?

@mark.anley

In general, yes. What specifically are you trying to do that isn’t working? Is it just a normal template with attached apps integrations?

Hi @JCorrell - yes thats correct. I have a single template board (open permissions) and a single General Caster integration included. When I create a new board based off this template (manually or via automation) it doesnt include the integration.

1 Like

@mark.anley

It appears that when creating a board from a template. Built-in integrations are copying into “ghost” status. While integrations from apps are not. I don’t know if this would apply to workspace templates.

I also do not know if this is a new “feature” or has always been this way. I can tell you that there have been some VERY recent (like in the last few days) changes in the area of integrations with apps. We are currently waiting on monday to get back to us with additional information.

Thanks @JCorrell - I just tested the same thing myself and noted the same result which is unfortunate. Let me know if you see/hear anything else based on the recent changes…
Appreciate the help as always.

1 Like

@mark.anley

My pleasure! I’ll let you know if/when I hear anything more.

I have a seemingly related request - it would be super helpful if we could templatize an integration recipe like we can with automation recipes.

For example, I created a webhook integration with Zapier for removing the “(copy)” from duplicated items’ names. I’d like to make it available to the rest of our company to add to their boards without having to know the webhook URL or how to set it up.

@JCorrell or @mark.anley have either of you seen any upcoming edits for this? I have a webhook integration that is using Make and it is not copying over. Would really love to see this at least be a ghost option!