Dynamically pick up subitems when creating new item on change of status

Please could I request the ability, when using the automation “When status changes to something create an item in board”, to dynamically include subitems, like you can with the name, due date and other fields.
I realise subitems is a new feature and still in beta but this would be really useful (at least for me, and I assume many more).
Thanks in advance

Hi @DavidCramp! Support for subitems is not yet available for automations, but it is on our roadmap :slight_smile:

I definitely agree that this will be super useful for many teams, and I’m equally as excited for this rollout! You can find more information about our subitems plan here:

Subitems Product Plan

Let us know what you think!

I came here looking for an answer to this very question. I will wait.

Hi, @Mivelez - Your wait may be over! Custom automations now support automatically creating subitems. Here’s a demo video I made for someone today. Thought you might want to know it’s out - Screen Recording 2020-12-10...

2 Likes

This automation is so much what I was waiting for that I sent a text to my work group chat shouting about it in all caps. I hope that eventually we’ll be able to add more than 6 subitems per trigger (we have 7 steps in our 2nd phase so I have to add one manually) but it’s already saving me so much time. I also love that I can pre-load the assigned people.

2 Likes