Easy language translation

Hello, I work with a Chinese team and I feel incredibly bad for them because I know they have to translate what we write. We also have to translate some of what they write but they often translate it for us and paste it in as well. This translation can lead to confusion because going back in a thread to get caught up would require them to translate multiple posts.

We-chat has in-app translation, with a click, you can reply, forward, or TRANSLATE the text that was sent. I hope to have this as a possibility on monday, where you can click a post and have it easily translated to the default language you have set.

Or, a whole overhaul where you can view the whole app in the language of your choice.

There are various online translation services available that allow you to upload documents and receive accurate translations in your desired language.

By utilizing document translation services, you can ensure that important documents, such as project plans, reports, or instructions, are accurately translated for all team members. This can help minimize confusion and improve overall communication within your Chinese team.

Some popular document translation services include Google Translate, DeepL, and Microsoft Translator. These services often support multiple file formats, such as Word documents, PDFs, and presentations, making it convenient to translate a wide range of materials.

Of course I know that there are online translation services. That would require users to copy and paste each post into the translation platform of their choice. Its not convenient. It also takes a lot of back and forth because there are multiple posts back to back and you cannot keep the past translation easily related to the post, so its one post at a time instead of translating the whole thread easily.

That is not what I am asking for. I am asking for IN APP translation as a FEATURE. This would translate whole threads with ease. Thank you.

Hello Mate!! According to your post I think you’re looking for a more efficient way to facilitate communication and translation within your team, especially when using WeChat, Is it correct or not?.

I can offer suggestions on how to improve communication within your international team.

1. Educate Your Team: Encourage team members to use clear and concise language, avoiding idioms or culturally specific expressions that might be difficult to translate accurately.
  2. Implement Translation Tools: Aside from in-app solutions, consider using external translation tools like Google Translate. These tools allow for easy copying and pasting of text for quick translation.
  3. Standardize Communication: Encourage everyone to communicate in a standardized format. This might mean using bullet points, numbered lists, or clear subject lines, making it easier for everyone to understand, regardless of language.
  4. Language Settings: Ensure that all team members have their language settings configured properly on their devices and applications. Sometimes, miscommunication arises due to incorrect language settings.
  5. Encourage Brevity: Encourage team members to keep messages clear and concise. Longer messages are not only harder to translate but can also lead to misunderstandings.
  6. Regular Check-ins: Schedule regular video or voice meetings where complex topics can be discussed in real-time. This reduces the reliance on written communication for important matters.
  7. Feedback Loop: Establish a feedback mechanism where team members can express confusion or seek clarifications without hesitation. This can help in addressing misunderstandings promptly.
  8. Provide Context: When sharing information, provide context to make it easier for team members to understand the background and importance of the information being shared.

Regarding your specific request for WeChat, you might consider reaching out to WeChat’s support or community forums to suggest these features. Many applications are continually evolving based on user feedback, so your input could make a difference in future updates.

Remember, effective communication is not just about the tools you use but also about fostering an understanding and respectful atmosphere within the team. Good luck!