Edit/Remove dropdown options using API?

Hi all,

I want to as, If there is way to edit/remove an options in dropdown column using API ?

Thanks!

Hi @f2yez

Not that I am aware of. You can add option values (labels) to both dropdown and status columns, but you can’t edit/delete them.

1 Like

Hi @f2yez,

Yes indeed, @basdebruin is correct.

Check out this announcement I made for all of the information, but you can add the create_labels_if_missing boolean argument to your mutations to create any missing labels!

Any change removing labels via API will be available?
Having incorrect labels in every single board is really a pain… :frowning:

4 Likes

The only way around I’ve found is to clear the Dropdown Column and update it with the list of new values that doesn’t contain the value you want to get rid of…

For example, I want to remove “Value 1” from a dropdown with these values: [Value1, Value 2, Value 3].

1. I will get the Dropdown column values via API and put them in a list, so I can remove the “Value 1” from the list. My new list will be: [Value 2, Value 3].
  2. Next, I will clear the dropdown column
  3. I will change item column value of a dropdown with my new list that doesn’t contain Value 1

Hope this helps, and also hoping this will be included in the future updates of the API.

Hello everyone,

As @Ukey said,

That is the only way of doing this as of today.

Having said that, we do have a request open for this. I have added your vote to it.

If it gets implemented, it will be announced in our changelog :grin:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Please add my vote too. I feel this is a simple fix as it is already possible in other columns like the status. I have a list of job codes that is 200 long. I cannot simply delete it and re-do it unfortunately.

Hi @D.Dyjak,

Welcome to the community!

I’ve added your vote to the feature request :smiley:

Best,
Rachel