Education / Training / School

We’ve had a great success using boards to schedule and coordinate classes.

We did so by creating 3 major boards.

1. An instructor database which contains (Instructor name, profile photo, teaching location, teaching topics)
  2. A course database which contains (Course description, length of course, course type etc … )
  3. Scheduling board which contains details about when and where the class will occur and 2 mirror columns that are linked to the (Instructor Database Board) and (Course Database Board)

Looking forward to learning from the rest!

Alex

2 Likes

@alejencia Solid use case - the Link to Item + Mirror columns are a game changer. What do you use the Scheduling Board to schedule? Individuals in the course, or the location of the class, or other stuff?

Hi Kacey,

Both! here is a quick glance of what it looks like and the automations behind it.
In short, a course coordinator chooses the course from the course database (another board)
then enters the date the course starts and ends and the number of students registered, if enough students they enter YES for the course is running and then our room coordinators get notified, the room coordinators assign a classroom and then mark enter in outlook in another status that will notify the course coordinator that the classroom has been assigned. Lastly the course coordinator selects the instructor who will teach the class from the instructor database (another board) not sure if it made sense, but I’d me more than happy to continue to demonstrate and share ideas!

1 Like

@alejencia great way to make use of the automations and the Outlook integrations!!!

I’ll make sure to share this post to folks asking for help with resource allocation / coordination - I think this methodology could be applied to a TON of different use cases!

1 Like

This sounds like exactly what I need to create… We are implementing a new ERP and need to schedule training for each department.