Emails & Activities: Email formatting does not appear in the sent email

It’s frustrating to see formatting that looks correct in the composing screen (such as bullet points) but change completely when the email is sent out.

The most common issue is that bullet points that have any indented points under them get merged into just one bullet list at the same indent level and different bullet points (like numbers or letters or symbols) all get changed into the same type. (It’s hard to show an example here because the html formatting options don’t work the same)

Is anyone else experiencing this?

(Note: I searched for this topic before posting, but the only similar post I found was from two years ago for “Communihub” emails, which doesn’t exist any more so I went ahead and created this new topic.)

1 Like

Hey @kimmp,

I’d love to better understand what is occurring for you here, as I am not able to reproduce this behaviour. Is it possible to share some screenshots as an example of this occurring - ensuring no sensitive data is shown in the screenshots? Alternatively, you’re welcome to send me a private message via community :pray:

Hi @kimmp - Are you composing from scratch in the E&A window to build your bullets, or are you copy/pasting and then tweaking them? I wonder if perhaps there is some stray HTML that is being copied in from an external source.

Hello Bianca,
Were you able to get any clarification around this topic? I am having the same issue that @kimmp was having. For example if you use the E&A Add activity drop down and click on Meeting or Note and type the following:

As soon as you save it in monday. It shows up looking like this.

Sorry Bianca and Polished Geek for going awol on this post! :slight_smile: I appreciate the help and will (finally) answer your questions if you still happen to be around after so long. As Arlene noted in her screenshot (thanks, Arlene!) bullet points that are indented under other bullet points, either in an activity or an email, don’t stay that way after saving or sending. The emails are written from scratch, not pasted in from another source. Here are before and after shots of a test email I just did:

Editing screen for a new email in the Emails & Activities tab:

Same area, after sending the email:

Received email in gmail account:

No problem, thank you @kimmp and @Arlene for sharing this information with us!

I have reached out to the team in charge to clarify expected behaviour when it comes to indenting in activities and/or emails within the Emails and Activities app. I will get back to you as soon as I get a reply :pray:

1 Like

Hi @kimmp,
You can use EasyMails app for designing ( drag and drop builder ) and sending beautiful emails.