Error while creating New Item

Hello. I’m configuring Monday for company use and have noticed a particular behavior for boards that use the edit functionality permission for rows, only to those who have been assigned to.

This results to an error when a user tries to create a New Item on that board.
Is this the expected behavior? Shouldn’t the create action be available to all users by defautl?
Are there any workarounds to this (while keeping the row editing restriction)?

Thank you in advance
Antonis

Hey @tonydee ,

I tried to reproduce this issue, however, when those permissions are set users should not be able to create new items on the board so I’m wondering how that user even had those options! Is this issue still occurring for you/your team?

If I understood correctly, you would want each user to be able to create items and then assign themselves and then be able to edit those items? Is that correct?

Let me know :slight_smile:

@tonydee,

The way we have dealt with this is to use a button column to call an Integromat scenario that does the add and assignment. It is fairly simple to do.

I think the free version of Integromat still allows 1000 operations per month. Depending on the complexity of your use case, this could be done in as little as 2 operations per add… 500 adds per month. No extra charge. We now are using about 50K operations per month. Sill less than $50.

Hey there,

Great question and sorry to hear you are facing this error message! Only board owners should be able to add items when these permissions setting are selected. If you are still facing the issue, could you please do the following?

• Try to see if the issue persists in other boards
  • Try from an Incognito Window to see if it’s a cache issue

If the problem persists, please reach out to support@monday.com with the same screenshots and confirming if the issue happens with board owners as well.

Good luck!