Excel Import into a connected column

I have a list of projects in a board, and hundreds of staff who are associated with each project with various roles, Project Manager, Sponsor, Business Change Manager, Administrator etc… Most of these do not have accounts on Monday.com and don’t need to use it. I have another board with names, departments, emails etc of all of our staff (Staff Directory). To populate the first (Project) board I have connected the 2 boards and select the staff member in by clicking on + in one of the connected columns in the Project Board. This works really well. I now need to export the Project board into another board and am stuck. I can export to excel and tidy up the format of the xls file to be imported to Monday.com, but when I try to import it it doens’a allow me to import those columns. Any suggestions?

Hello @neilpenry ,

I assume your problem is that while you can export all of the columns you want, when trying to import them you cannot get the connect columns to be imported as connect columns?

In this case my suggestion is on the board you want to connect these columns, create a text column for each of the connect columns.

Then proceed with creating this automation for each of them , essentially when you import to the text columns this will get triggered and make the connections you want.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Thanks Giannis, I’ll check that later today :slightly_smiling_face: