Extract Domain from Email address

We need to isolate the domain for email addresses in another column, can someone help me with the formula to pull the string after the @ symbol?

Hey Tiffany!

While it’s not an exact fit for what you are looking for, I was able to dig up this specific use case for separating first and last names from an email address - perhaps you can play around with the formula to do this for the email domain?

Formula:

LEFT({Email},MINUS(SEARCH(“.”,{Email},1),1))&" “&LEFT(RIGHT({Email},MINUS(LEN({Email}),SEARCH(”.“,{Email},1))),SEARCH(”@“,RIGHT({Email},MINUS(LEN({Email}),SEARCH(”.",{Email},1))),1)-1)

The way it works:

• Find the first separator (in the formula i am using a dot “.”, but it can b replaced with any symbol like _ instead and show all characters before it;
  • From there, show all symbols after that first separator symbol, until the “@”
  • will work with any email length

If you need any further help, our formula experts can be reached here!

Hi Tiffany,

Try:

RIGHT({Email},LEN({Email})-SEARCH("@",{Email}))

Want to take your formulas to the next level? Try the Advanced Formula Booster, the app that reinvents formulas in monday.

• Create formulas without using the Formula column (and avoid its limitations)
  • Build formulas involving data from the previous item, the next item, the sub-items, the parent item, even items in the same group or the same board.
  • In one formula, update multiple columns from multiple items.

Check our blog for real use cases.