Find all board items assigned to a person

How do I create a query to give me all items in a board assigned to a user? I can do it if there’s only one person assigned, but if multiple people are assigned I cannot get it to work. If a query cannot do it, how would I do it combining a query with Javascript?

Hey @wfc_woody!

Would you be able to elaborate a little further on the issue you’re experiencing here when filtering tasks for a specific person in your board? When using advanced filters, even if multiple people are assigned, the relevant person’s tasks should still pull. You’re welcome to send over a screenshot or screen-recording to demonstrate this issue :pray:

Sorry - I should have been clearer. This is a query to the Monday.com API

Ah apologies! I might move your query over to our developer community who are experts in this field :+1: This will automatically happen so no need for any action on your end :slight_smile:

Hello @wfc_woody,

As you said, if the people column has more than one user selected, then items_by_column_value would not be a viable option.

I recommend querying for all your items (querying only the value from the people column):

{
  boards(ids: 1234567890) {
    items {
      id
      column_values(ids: "person") {
        value
      }
    }
  }
}

and then checking on your end the values in the response and saving the item ID of the items that have that specific user in the array of user IDs.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Thanks Matias. I thought that that would be the way to approach it but I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t missing anything. Many thanks for your help

Glad to help @wfc_woody !

Hello @Matias.Monday : when I try above code. I got the error “Field ‘items’ doesn’t exist on type ‘Board’”,

Hello there @PR_kotla and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

That query belongs to a deprecated API version.

You can use items_page instead (as explained here).

Let me know if you have any other questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like