Query a specific item id of connected boards item

Hi Guys!

An API question here.

I would like to query a board and filter only the rows from a column type: “Connected Board” that point to the same item_id in that connected board.

I want to extract only the relevant rows that respond to a specific item.

I thought about using the “items_by_column_values” API however the values of this field are not the item id only and contain also created at, so I am not sure what value I should specify to filter the linked pulses correctly?

an example of 2 columns which I want to filter:
{
“id”: “connect_boards”,
“value”: “{"changed_at":"2021-09-13T08:00:52.452Z","linkedPulseIds":[{"linkedPulseId":1660643923}]}”,
“text”: “i7 Mini PC”
},
{
“id”: “connect_boards”,
“value”: “{"changed_at":"2021-09-13T08:52:45.915Z","linkedPulseIds":[{"linkedPulseId":1660643923}]}”,
“text”: “i7 Mini PC”
},

As you can see both connected to the same item_id in a diffrent board and I would like to query and filter those only (without fetching the whole board items).

1 Like

I am new to the monday and this is an old question but similar to my problem. So for future searchers I found this solution to the similar question.

unfortunately items_by_column_values currently does not support connected_boards but we can filter board items by connected board items value as below

https://developer.monday.com/api-reference/docs/connect

query {
boards (ids: 1234567890) { items_page (query_params: {rules: [{column_id: “connect_boards”, compare_value: [“i7 Mini PC”], operator:contains_text}]}) { items { id name } } }}