Form - Date Column Enhancement

Hi all! @Julia-monday.com

Can Monday.com consider TURNING on the ADD TIME from the Date column IN THE Actual form.

Here is the case …

We manage classrooms and have a FORM out to the organization to COMPLETE whenever someone needs to request a room.

The Form is quite simple we ask for the event name, room preference, number of attendees and most importantly, the START Date and Time and the END Date and Time it will end.

When utilizing the DATE column in the board you can MANUALLY turn on an ADD TIME, but the ADD TIME will NOT appear on the form.

We’ve worked around it by adding a TEXT column to the board specifically for START TIME AND another for END TIME (NOT IDEAL, specially when the ADD TIME feature already exists)

So, the request is for Monday.com to please have the ability to turn on the ADD TIME IN FORMS.

Thanks team :smiley:

3 Likes

We are expanding the use of forms in our organization for 2020 and was wondering if this is the roadmap to fix.

Thanks Monday team!

Hi Monday Team,

We’d love this feature. We’re a small window and door installation company. We have one person on the phone taking calls, qualifying leads and booking survey appointments. We want to use Forms to input that call information into our sales board - including the proposed survey date and time.

Thanks
Dominic

+1 from me. Important on a form that is then viewed on the Calendar view to make sure the entry is in the correct time slot on the calendar.

Hi, any news on this request?

Absolutly. Did not expect this handicap. We have created a lot of automations based on this field and now we are not able to collect the time through the forms.

@ruskyAU @elena for those of us who use forms for scheduling and for this to not be addressed by Monday.com is a bit disappointing. So I understand your frustration and we can only hope that the small things can come around on time to make big impacts. this being one of those small things.

Agreed Alex. We couldn’t wait forever either and ended up using Zoho Forms / Flow and Creator for our and our customer solution needs. Very disappointing but between little things like this and the Monday.com APIs not working correctly with Zapier, it just added up to a platform that wasn’t fit for purpose at this time. We really tried to use Monday.com as the first option for a range of needs, but it’s now just being used as an expensive to do list.

1 Like

@ruskyAU I’m going to check out Zoho Forms. Thanks! best of luck.

I work for an international organization and we use the form as part of peoples travel information (to organize ground transport, etc.) and not having time added to the form is limiting us so much. Will defs check out the Zoho Forms.
Thanks for the tip everyone and hopefully the @monday-team will consider this in the near future.

Forms are undergoing a renovation and I think everyone will be excited to see what’s coming out soon. In the meantime, yes, you can always use another form software (TypeForm, Gravity Forms, Zoho, etc.) to build out whatever you like for the user experience in the form, and then route that data through Zapier or - even better - Integromat to seamlessly bring it into monday․com.

~ Deb Cinkus, PMP
Certified monday․com Partner
CEO & Principal Consultant, Polished Geek

Book a Consultation with a monday․com expert: https://meet.polishedgeek.com/more-with-monday

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join our unofficial community chat on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

Any update from Monday on this? Seems like a big glaring gap in Form functionality to not have the time feature when selecting a date.