Full size widgets needed in dashboards

The widgets in the dashboards are great, but their size is painfully limited. When you use a bigger screen, e.g. a 4k display, the widgets’ vertical size is literally frustrating. My specific pain point here is the timeline widget, which I use the most. See the attached screenshot for example. Instead of seeing our whole team in timeline at once, I always have to scroll down within the timeline widget.

It would be absolutely great if the widget size could be expanded way more, optimally to fit even a 4k display’s dashboard.

any news on this? i’m having the same problem with 4k displays. did you find a work around? i managed to make a widget to expand endlessly but i guess they called it a bug lol. I sadly was not able to repeat it. Though i was able to duplicate that endless widget and the dupe was also endless.

2 Likes

Same problem here but i’ll go one further. I have very large amounts of data (events) on a timeline, i have no need for other widgets on this dashboard as its too much info for one page as it is. Now that the only option is to use a widget rather than a view (this changed pretty recently), it means that the timeline doesnt scale properly relative to different screen resolutions. On a 4k screen it looks like the above, but if you open the timeline on a 1080p display, half the widget is cut off. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the whole widget, and then scroll to the bottom of the widget to see all the info. Please bring the full dashboard timeline “view” back (with subitems) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just adding to the chorus here - it’s pretty shocking this isn’t a thing. We are trying to use monday for portfolio managment and resource planning and we have way too much data to dsiplay to be constrained by the tiny widget views.

2 Likes

Timelines used to be full screen in Monday. When they introduced dashboards a while ago, they made it so you can now only create new timelines as a dashboard widget, for some nonsensical reason that makes me frustrated as a UX designer. Wish they would bring the old approach, where you could have full page timeline views, back. Recently wrote into support asking about this, will share any updates.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s crazy that they’ve removed that. Every other project related platform we have has this feature. It’s a real show stopper for some of our PMs and sponsors

So it turns out we had an old board template in our account which has a fullscreen timeline view in it. It seems that if you have an old one you can duplicate the template and create new boards with the full screen view, they just don’t let you add a fullscreen timeline view anymore but haven’t taken it away from legacy users who had it. If you really really really want this you can DM me on here and I could clone the template + copy to your account. To do so, you’d have to make me an admin on your account temporarily (or create a temporary shell account) in order to use the cross account board transfer tool, so this is a bit time consuming.

I noticed this aswell, the lagacy version doesnt support subitems however which i assume is why it was obsoleted.

I really dont know why im bothering with this forum, theres very little point of a feature request fuction if there is no engagement with the community from the Monday team

+1 Here,

The dashboard view is amazing but we would really love to make them larger.
As mentioned in other remarks on a 4K screen you want the timeline as big as possible.
we are changing our screen ratio now (command - on Mac) just in order to see more but the widgets are to small. It would be amazing as portrait view would be possible aswell.

Any news on this?

Thanks a lot

Hi
When I open a Dashboard and put it in VIEW mode, at the top right of each widget I get an option for FULL SCREEN… does this work for you?

Hi,
Yes of course.
but then you are restricted to one widget. I would like to see multiple widgets.
To use the dashboard as a full overview with all info
Just like it is now. But I would be nice to play more with the height of the widgets without the maximum size limit.