Gantt Chart - Divided Item

We currently have an issue we are trying to solve in our Gantt View for Project Management:

Say we have a task (item) that takes 30 days. Due to supply chain or other issues beyond our control, the task is now at 45 days. To show this, we have to update the Timeline column to reflect 45 days. The problem we now have is when we review with the client, they now see that the estimated timeline for the task is 45 days instead of the agreed upon 30 days.

What we are looking for is an easy way to show the first initial 30 days (likely with color, status, label) and then something that shows the 15 days (with color, status, label) beyond our control. In our heads it looks like 1 item bar that’s divided up instead of on separate items. We want it to be easily viewable and understood by the client.

Anyone have a possible solution or something that has possibly worked well if you have encountered this issue with a project?

Hi @bglick ,

Have you looked into using the Gantt Baseline feature for this? The monday support document can explain this better than I can, so I will link this below!

I tested on my end and was able to increase the duration of an item (Item 2 in this example). You can see the grey line is the original duration, and the red is the extended duration. It is red to show that it is going to be later than the original dates.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

@kaylak Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was thinking. :slight_smile:

1 Like