Google Drive link to Folder

Hi,

We are starting to use monday.com as a combination of CRM and PM tool, and are happy with what we have found so far.

Something we will use a lot is links to files in Google Drive. We are already doing so actually. What we are missing is the ability to link to a folder in Google Drive, instead of a file. Our previous tool was able to do so, and it’s a very handy way to link to a “collection” of documents for a specific client or project, rather than specific files.

Is this something that can be implemented using the same existing Drive connection?

Why Not Simply use a link column>?

Using a link column means I have to navigate to the folder, find the link, copy it, and then add it in Monday. Using the Drive integration would mean that I can find it the same way I find a file. Super useful.

3 Likes

I would also prefer using the Google Drive integration interface to pick a folder OR file

2 Likes

Hi, With DriveSync integration, you can easily connect your board items and files to Google Drive.
Whenever you create a new item, DriveSync will automatically create a folder for it in Google Drive. Plus, it will make sure that the files from your items get copied into their respective Google Drive folders too. Super convenient!
@reinhardts