Guest Users who also have Monday

I’ve run into an issue with sharing a board with a guest who also has Monday.com.

We use Monday to share Project Plans with clients. One of our clients already uses Monday. This seems to be creating a problem with them accessing our shared board as a guest, as the system asks them to log in. Has anyone encountered this issue, and is there a solution?

Thanks,
-Chris

@ChrisBurns, I have the same issue, where I want to add some guests who already have a monday.com account for their own use with the same email address, but it’s asking them to create a new account for our space. Have you found a solution yet?

Hi @z_kolbeck - They will need a separate login for your account if they are a Guest. When they login to both, they will be able to easily flip back and forth between accounts here: Image 2021-02-17 at 11.07.4...

We did not find a workable solution, unfortunately. I had several people say that the client could create a login for our Monday instance using the same email, but they were never able to do so. Not sure if it was user error or genuinely something the system wouldn’t allow them to do, but we moved on with the project without a resolution.

Ah… good to know! thanks @PolishedGeek :slight_smile:

that’s a shame. appreciate the reply back :slight_smile:

Hey @ChrisBurns! Could you write into support@monday.com about this?

Users and guests should absolutely be able to log in to different monday.com instances using the same email (the system will allow them to do this). From my side it does sound like user error, and we’d be happy to help figure out where that lies/what the solution is.