[HELP] HR automations with Make (Integromat)

Hi all,

I’m new to creating automations with Make (Integromat) and Monday.com and was wondering if anyone could help me with a task that I’ve not been able to find an answer for.

I want to create an automation that routes applications from our application platform (join.com) to Monday.com. It’s a third party tool that doesn’t have a direct module in Make - but an API that you can use:

So I used the “HTTP” & “Make a Request” module in Make to make a GET request to the API and set it up like this:

When I tested the module, so far it worked and I get the data I wanted. After that I would like to create an item in Monday.com from each new application on join.com. So I thought I would use the “Create an Item” module.
Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-28 um 10.45.20

My problem now is that if I enable the workflow and the HTTP module makes the request every 15 minutes, I get data every time. However, I only want to receive data when new applications are received.

Maybe there is also a way to trigger the automation when a new application arrives on join.com - however, I don’t see a way here as the HTTP module only works time-based.

Would be happy if someone can help me out! :slight_smile:
Many thanks in advance.

@Just

First, I would check to see if join can do a webhook call when a new application is created. But, assuming for discussion that they can’t…

One way to deal with this is to compare the current application to those already added to monday and skip those that are already there.

Also, it looks like the join API has a parameter that can control getting applications added AFTER a specific date/time.

My approach would be to combine the two solutions above. Basically:

1. Get last time run. (using datastore)
  2. Query join API for new applications added since last run.
  3. Save last time run as now - “a little” (maybe 1 minute?, to make sure none are missed)
  4. For each new application, confirm that it was not already added to monday; if it was, skip, otherwise add.
  5. Congratulate yourself on a job well done.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session

1 Like

Ahh perfect! Thanks! Will try it out the next few days. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.