Hide columns through API

Hi,

Is would like to extract some information and store it in an item that I’ll create through the API. The problem is - I want to save some metadata that isn’t relevant to the users. I thought of saving it in a column and then have it hidden from view.
My question is - can I hide a column through Mondays API?

1 Like

@Helen is this possible? I see “defaults” as a JSON string you can pass to create_column mutation. Is the option for hidden in there? Also, what other options can you pass to “defaults”?

I have a similar requirement and preferably would like to store metadata against the board instance.

Have queried the board and columns to see if a hidden column gives any json setting information as per @mrautomation’s idea, but nothing appears to be relevant.

At present I think my solution will be to create a template with a hidden column already created within it, then use that template when creating a board through the API, setting data values within the column after creation. Work ongoing so will let you know how this works if suitable for you @cybercortex

Hi all!

For future reference, our developer success team monitors all and only the posts posted under the “monday Apps & Developer” section, so I will be moving this post there.

@cybercortex @mrautomation at this time, implementing column permissions is not possible using the monday.com API.

Regarding the “defaults” argument, I’m getting clarification on this for you now!

1 Like