High Level Board updated when child boards change, but using custom logic

Hello,

I’ve been searching for this and although I found some High Level Board posts, I did not find something for this particular need.

I’d like to build a High Level Board with the status of multiple projects. Each project as its own board that reflect different phases: planning, design, coding, QA, release. The High Level Board will have one pulse per project, and many status columns (one for planning, one for design, one for coding, QA, release and so on).

What I’d like to do is to read all pulses from each project, and depending on custom business logic, update the high level board. For example, when Project A board is updated, my app should take a look at the different pulses in the different groups, evaluate them, and update the status columns for the pulse Project A in the high level board.

My idea is to create an integration that would be activated when a pulse changes or is added, so then it could update the High Level Board.

Is this the correct approach?

Another option that I’m thinking, as I don’t need the High Level Board to be ‘editable’ is to create a custom widget for a dashboard. Would that be more efficient?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi @mcasanueva I can see this was a while ago, just checking if you found a solution/still need a solution to this, there would be a messy, yet effective way to solve. Happy to discuss further if you’re still seeking an answer. biancajclement@gmail.com

Hi @mcasanueva :wave:

Welcome to the Community :wave:

Whilst you could use a Dashboard here, you may find it more suitable to create something custom using our API to fit your exact needs.
We do have a section of the Community dedicated to helping users with the API and building Apps, which is moderated by our Developer Success team.
You may like to try posting in here to get some advice on how to go about building something to suit your needs!
You can access this here: monday Apps & Developers - monday Community Forum

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :smiley:

Best,

Dani

Hi @mcasanueva :wave:

I hope the answers in this thread are useful!
As we haven’t had any updates here, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as closed.
As I mentioned in my previous post, you may find it more useful to open a post in our Developer Community section instead, as they will be able to continue to assist in more detail here!

If you have any additional questions or you feel your original query wasn’t resolved, please feel free to let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani