How apply a column status change to all items in the same column?

Looking for advice from the amazing collection of people and expertise here!
I have a job board setup and trying to figure out how to have the “project status” column update to all items on the board (see image). Because the project can only have one overall status (in process, on hold, complete, etc.) this column needs to be the same on all items on the board. Goal is to be able to update the “project status” from any of the board items (each item is a task in the project and each item has its own status indicator) and whatever “project status” is selected is updated on the other items to match.

I have been reviewing automations, but have not found one that is global enough (eg. If STATUS changes, update all other items Status to match). I also have read about many amazing formula options, but all seem to look for another column change to act on updating another column (but I am working all in 1 column). Ideas on how to set this up?

Hey @TLC-Troy! Just hopping in here to see if you were able to find a good solution for this! If not, shoot us a message at support@monday.com and we’d be happy to assist further with this! :blush: