How can I see all tasks that were set to DONE in the last week?

I want to make a Board or a Dashboard that show all tasks completed in the last week, across all boards. How do I set that up?

I do not want to make new separate “weekly” boards a suggested – or “weekly” task groups on all boards.

I imagine it so that I set up one board, set the dates (f.ex. “Last week”) and then it shows me all tasks completed last week.

Can someone please explain me how; what feature am I missing?

Thank you.

Hi Jon,

My consulting firm does this by setting up a separate board where all items will populate when they are changed to done.

In each of the boards that you are working in, you will want to create an automation that creates an item in a new board (your weekly reporting board) when you change the status to completed. That way a duplicate item is created in your weekly report board.

In your weekly reporting board, you will want the item to have an automation that sets the archive date to be whatever range in which you are looking for. For example, we want to see all tasks accomplished in the last week on Friday, so we set all items to have an archive date of 6 days after creation. Then you will need another automation that moves items to a different group when the archive date arrives.

Alternatively, you can have a view configured that will show all items that have been created/completed for “this week” on the weekly report board. That will only show for the current week.

Please let me know if you would like me to elaborate any further, hopefully this helps!

Peter

4 Likes

Agreed, how is this not basic functionality for such a platform. Would be useful for almost every company for weekly task updates & overview visibility.

1 Like

To my mind this is actually pretty simple:

• Create a Date Completed column.
  • Automation: When status changes to Done, set Date Completed to Today.
  • Then you can create a chart/dashboard/whatever that’s filtered to only show items with a Status of Done and a Date Completed between X and Y days - i.e. the start and end of your week.
1 Like

Hi Ken, thanks for your reply.

There appears to be an issue when trying to report on subtasks along with tasks (for example in the screenshot below where assignee must be me & completed date for both tasks and subtasks must be within a time period). I believe this is due to the AND/OR function applying to all filter rules rather than being able to vary it per filter line.

I think it would be better to have something like completed date automatically sit in the data of each item so that it doesn’t require an additional column, reasons:

• It may not be preferable or the user may not have permission to add another column for this to some projects
  • There is potential for people to delete the column
  • There is potential for people to change the column data
  • This requires initial configuration across ALL projects the user has anything to do with
  • This requires ongoing maintenance to ensure the configuration is still set correctly & the data is not being manipulated

The goal with this feature request is to report on all tasks across all projects easily & accurately. Ideally without requiring a lot of setup, ongoing administration to make sure the columns & their data are still there & correct, or potential for the data to be manipulated or removed. It ideally would be solely driven by the status changing.